Wednesday, December 27, 2023

a message to my social media friends

 The following message was posted (by me) on social media a few days ago.  The response was immediate and humbling; so many people telling me about their precious children, and midwives sharing memories of the deep privileges we experienced.  Some replied openly, while others sent personal messages and photos.

It has been a long time since I posted anything to go to all my facebk friends. I often wonder how you are progressing on life's road. I was privileged to be a witness to the early days of many families, and I wonder how they fare now. From time to time a mother contacts me via fb to tell me that they are celebrating a birthday or other special day for one who was born in my care. I know of one of 'my' babies who is now a midwife. (and my eyes have misted up, as I remember that birth, with my friend and mentor - 'my' first waterbirth! I have been privileged beyond my deepest hopes to be trusted in the care of my own grandbabies, both those who were born in hospital, and those born into my hands at home.
 
Christmas is the greatest celebration of a birth that this world has ever seen.
 
So today I am looking back in time and sending this message to anyone who remembers me. Some are midwives, some mothers and fathers, some engaged me for one birth; some came back time and again. Some Christians, some follow other faiths, and some none.
 

Noel and I send loving greetings, with the hope that you will know the blessings of the holy days we celebrate. We also wish you and your families a safe and fulfilling new year. Joy


No comments: