Monday, December 8, 2008

2005




From our letter ...
December 2005
This year’s photo brings you smiles from Noel and our darling wee Poppy who has sweetly taught us a new dimension of love. They were helping stir the Christmas cake, which has now been baked. A tree has been beautifully decorated, and a pudding is hanging up to dry. Our curious collection of old and new traditions that come together for the Christmas lunch all contribute to a very special occasion.

Noel has recently taken an extra responsibility in the Church as the Session Clerk. I (Joy) enjoy singing in the choir, but my professional duties sometimes take me elsewhere. I have been blessed over and over again in being ‘with woman’ in the birth of their little ones, usually in their own homes. As I grow older I find being called out at night more draining on my energy, but it’s a joy for me to be able to do this work. It’s great when your work is also your passion.

We are well, and thankful for (fairly) good health. Our days are shared between our jobs and family matters, with Paul, Leanne and Poppy being the ‘upstairs family’ and sharing our home. Paul’s health has improved since he had surgery and radiation therapy earlier this year. Thankyou to all who have prayed for Paul, and for all of us in this difficult time. We hope for continued recovery.

No comments: