Monday, December 8, 2008

2006


12 December 2006

If it’s true that a picture is worth more than 1000 words, I’m sure you will appreciate the value of a picture, rather than a long letter. This shows most of us at the recent wedding of Noel’s niece Francine Collier to Guy Jeffrey from Perth. (Miriam was not able to come to Melbourne at the time, and Poppy was being cared for at home.)

For several years now we have valued your prayers on major health problems faced by both Noel and Paul. We are thankful to God for the measure of good health that we have had this past year, and thank you for your support.

Noel and I are planning to ‘go bush’ for this coming January, and are looking forward to a complete change of pace. We haven’t had a month away from home and work duties, since school days! We are planning to stay at ‘Euthulla’, a property owned by the Clarks at Roma.

Noel is continuing with his business interest, treating farm water with Chlorine Dioxide. My commitment to midwifery continues, and my hope for reform of maternity services keeps me professionally active. Christmas is a time of great energising in my line of work, as I ponder birth at its purest and best. I could write many words about the story as we have it in Scriptures, and as I know from an understanding of the natural processes, and how that informs and guides midwifery practice.

Please let us know when you are coming to Melbourne. We would love to see you, and share a meal or just a cuppa with you.

No comments: